GPSA announces 6 new projects from its 4th call for proposals!
GPSA’s Fourth Global Call for Proposals was launched in April to support civil society organizations (CSOs) in implementing collaborative social accountability approaches that address critical governance and development challenges through citizen feedback and participatory methodologies designed to help governments and public-sector institutions address these challenges.
Sixty-seven CSOs from a shortlist of six opted-in countries responded to the Call for Proposals and today we are pleased to announce the six projects that have been selected for grant awards:
- CARE Benin with the project “Social accountability for nutrition (SA4N)”
- Viva Rio with the project “Local alliances for smarter public spending in citizen security in Brazil”
- INTEC, in The Dominican Republic, in collaboration with IHO, with the project “Strengthening climate governance and civil society capacities”
- SAHA, in Madagascar, with the project “Strengthening community and municipality co-engagement for better basic health services”
- East Europe Foundation in collaboration with Expert Grup, in Moldova, with the project “Improving access to justice for the vulnerable, with a focus on families affected by domestic violence and gender-based violence"
- AntAc in collaboration with Nashi Groshi, in Ukraine, with the project “Empowering Civil Society and Journalists in Oversight and Promotion of Effective Anti-Corruption Environment”
For more information about the Fourth Call for Proposals and the six grants mentioned above, click here.
About the 4th Global Call for Proposals Selection Process:
All the proposals were assessed by the relevant World Bank Country Management teams to determine eligibility based on the stipulated application requirements. The eligible applications were reviewed by a designated global Roster of Experts comprised of external subject and regional experts and World Bank and GPSA Secretariat experts. The highest rated proposals from each country were reviewed by the GPSA Secretariat which recommended the above proposals to the GPSA Steering Committee for its review and endorsement. The Steering Committee reviewed the proposals and endorsed them to World Bank management for funding subject to World Bank procedures.